Based on Mrs. Palma's feedback, we are working toward the following goals:
- Alignment our curriculum to reflect the shifts, focus, coherence, and rigor, needed in order for our students to meet grade-level expectations:
- Focus - The curriculum needs to deeply reflect the content that students need to master in order to meet standards for their grade level.
- Coherence - The concepts need to build throughout the grade level as well as support one another. This needs to continue across grade levels as well.
- Rigor - Instruction needs to balance opportunities that provide for the building of conceptual understanding, development of procedural skill, and application to real-life situations.
- Instructional practices need to address the needs of ALL students. Students who are having difficulty as well as those who are already meeting expectations need content differentiated appropriately.
- Assessments should reflect high-level learning expectations.
We are excited that this work has already begun. After revisions are made to our curriculum, we will analyze our resources and look to make adjustments as needed to support our needs.